(Adds company news item, futures)
* STANDARD LIFE-ABERDEEN ASSET: Standard Life SL.L and Aberdeen Asset Management ADN.L , two of Scotland's most well-known financial firms, agreed to merge in an all-share transaction to create Britain's largest investment manager. BT GROUP: Britain's BT BT.L has won the rights to broadcast the UEFA Champions League and Europa League for another three years in a 1.18 billion pound ($1.45 billion) deal that locks out arch-rival Sky SKYB.L from the competition. SHAWBROOK: British bank Shawbrook Group Plc SHAW.L said on Friday it has received a joint offer from two private equity firms to buy the lender less than two years since it went public, in a deal worth 825 million pounds ($1 billion). DEUTSCHE BOERSE-LSE: Deutsche Boerse DB1Gn.DE Chairman Joachim Faber has put the blame for a failed tie-up with the London Stock Exchange LSE.L on Britain and its vote to leave the European Union. SAINSBURY: Sainsbury 's SBRY.L , Britain's second largest supermarket group, is to cut up to 400 jobs in a restructuring of its store operations, it said on Friday. RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto RIO.AX RIO.L and its partners are cutting output and jobs at the Boyne aluminum smelter in Australia, adding to cuts announced in January, it said on Friday, blaming a jump in power prices. ITV: The European Court of Justice ruled TVCatchup.com cannot offer ITV 's ITV.L channels for free streaming online without the UK broadcaster's permission, the Telegraph reported on Sunday. OIL: Oil prices slipped in Asian trade on Monday, wiping out some of the gains of the previous session amid ongoing concern over Russia's compliance with a global deal to cut oil output. The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent lower at 7,374.26 points on Friday, weighed down by a raft of disappointing earnings updates as well as weakness in the mining sector. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Full Year 2016 Synthomer
PLC Earnings Release Ultra Electronics ULE.L
Full Year 2016 Ultra Holdings PLC
Electronics Holdings PLC
Earnings Release Devro PLC
Full Year 2016 Devro PLC
Earnings Release Abcam PLC
Half Year 2017 Abcam PLC
Earnings Release Informa PLC
Full Year 2016 Informa PLC
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.