(Adds futures, company news item)
* M&S: Britain's Marks & Spencer MKS.L is expected to report a renewed decline in clothing and homeware sales in its latest quarter, dampening the euphoria of the previous three months when it reported a first increase in nearly two years. BRACLAYS: Barclays BARC.L will hire 100 new staff in its private bank as it launches its second attempt in the last seven years to win more business from wealthy clients, a source with direct knowledge of the plans told Reuters. BT: Italian investigators have seized documents from the Milan offices of International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ) Corp IBM .N as part of an investigation into allegations of fraud at one of its customers, BT Italy, a unit of Britain's BT Group BT.L , sources said. BRITAIN CLEARING: The European Union is expected to propose that clearing of euro denominated securities should be moved from London to the continent after Brexit, Euronext ENX.PA chief executive Stephane Boujnah said on Friday. CYBER ATTACK/INSURANCE: Companies without cyber insurance are dusting off policies covering kidnap, ransom and extortion in the world's political hotspots to recoup losses caused by ransomware viruses such as "WannaCry", insurers say. BARCLAYS: The Federal Reserve announced on Friday that it had imposed a $1.2 million fine on a former Barclays Plc BARC.L foreign exchange trader, and barred him from the banking industry. ARSENAL: Arsenal's second-largest investor, Alisher Usmanov, made a $1.3 billion offer to buy out the soccer club's majority owner Stan Kroenke, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters, confirming earlier reports. The UK blue chip index closed up 0.46 percent on Friday, bringing it into positive territory for the week after its performance was dented by worries over turmoil in U.S. President Donald Trump's administration that sent stocks tumbling across the globe. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.