UPDATE 1-UK Stocks- Factors to watch on June 6
(Adds futures, company items)
June 6 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 6 points higher at 7,227 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 down 0.2% ahead of the cash market open.
** MITIE GROUP: Mitie Group Plc MTO.L topped its own guidance for full-year operating profit on Thursday and said it expected earnings to grow in the mid-single digits in 2019, as its engineering and security businesses outperforms. CMC MARKETS: Online trading firms CMC Markets Plc's CMCX.L annual profit before tax crumbled to roughly a tenth of what it reported a year earlier, as regulatory curbs on highly leveraged betting and lower market volatility hit retail brokers. ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca Plc AZN.L said on Thursday its blood cancer drug met the primary endpoint of a final stage trial, the second success for the treatment in a month. GO-AHEAD GROUP: UK transport company Go-Ahead Group Plc GOG.L on Thursday raised full-year expectations for its London and international bus division after recording strong performance in Singapore and Dublin. BP: Senegalese President Macky Sall said on Wednesday the government would find out the truth after a report alleged his brother Aliou Sall had been involved in fraud related to two major offshore gas blocks operated by BP BP.L . ARRIVA: U.S. buyout fund Carlyle CG.O and German asset manager DWS DWSG.DE are gearing up to bid for British rail and bus firm Arriva after holding preliminary talks with its German owner Deutsche Bahn, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. WOODFORD: Britain's financial watchdog said it was examining a decision by a frozen Woodford fund to list investments in Guernsey, as wealth manager St James 's Place SJP.L pulled 3.5 billion pounds ($4.45 billion) from the firm in a widening fall-out from the suspension. EX-DIVS: A.B. Food ABF.L , Johnson Matthey Plc JMAT.L , Kingfisher KGF.L , J Sainsbury (OTC: JSAIY ) Plc SBRY.L , Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust PLc SMT.L , Taylor Wimpey Plc TW.L , Vodafone Group VOD.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 7.2 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations The UK blue chip index closed 0.1% higher, up for the third straight session, on Wednesday as comments from the U.S. central bank seen hinting at a rate cut soothed investor nerves.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or