UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 3
(Adds company news items and futures)
April 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 46 points lower at 7,011 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 down 1.15 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* SKY-FOX: Twenty-First Century Fox FOXA.O said it could legally separate Sky News within the wider Sky group to allay the concerns of a British regulator about the news service's continuing independence under Rupert Murdoch's ownership. MELROSE/GKN: Melrose Industries MRON.L has narrowly clinched an 8 billion-pound ($11 billion) takeover of British engineer GKN GKN.L , winning an acrimonious three-month battle for control of the FTSE 100 company. DE LA RUE: British passport-making company De La Rue Plc DLAR.L said on Monday it would appeal a decision by the British government that would allow Franco-Dutch company Gemalto NV GTO.AS to make new blue national passports from 2019. ANGLO AMERICAN: Brazilian environmental regulators ordered miner Anglo American Plc AAL.L to halt operations in the country following a pipeline leak. HSBC/US: HSBC Holdings Plc HSBA.L has agreed to pay $100 million to end private U.S. litigation accusing it of conspiring to manipulate the Libor benchmark interest rate, becoming the fourth major bank to settle. SKY/MEDIASET: Italy's largest private broadcaster Mediaset MS.MI said on Friday it signed a content-sharing deal with Sky's SKYB.L Italian unit, paving the way for potential broader alliances between the two rival groups. ASTRAZENECA/COMPUGEN: Israeli drugmaker Compugen Ltd CGEN.TA , CGEN.O said it had agreed an exclusive licensing deal with a unit of AstraZeneca AZN.L to develop antibody products to treat cancer, which could be worth more than $200 million. VEDANTA: Vedanta Ltd VDAN.NS , the Indian unit of diversified mining group Vedanta Resources plc VED.L , said on Saturday it had won in an auction to acquire bankrupt Electrosteel Steels Ltd ELES.NS . KORE POTASH: Kore Potash KP2J.J EMINF.PK plans to tap the market in 2019 for $600 million to help fund its $1.86 billion mine project in Congo Republic, its chief executive said on Thursday. RYANAIR: Ryanair RYA.I cancelled at least 20 flights to and from airports in Portugal on Thursday on the first of three days of planned strikes by a cabin crew union, according to flight information on the airline's web site. The UK blue-chip index closed up 0.17 percent on Thursday at 7,056.61 points as Melrose's successful bid for GKN helped the UK's top share index finish the month on a positive note. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or