(Adds company news item and futures)
Aug 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening down 20 points at 7,303.9 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 down 0.4 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* TBC BANK: TBC Bank Group Plc TBCG.L , Georgia's largest retail bank, reported a 37.2 percent jump in second-quarter underlying net profit, as economic growth and a stable currency boosted lending. BT: BT Group Plc's BT.L EE is planning to threaten the telecoms regulator Ofcom with a High Court challenge on Monday, over its planned auction of mobile spectrum. SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L has lifted a cargo of 600,000 barrels of crude oil from Libya's Zueitina port, its first from the war-torn north African country in 5 years, two industry sources told Reuters on Saturday. HIKMA: Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc's HIK.L U.S. subsidiary has raised the price of a common diarrhea drug by more than 400 percent and is charging more for five other medicines as well, the Financial Times reported on Sunday. SHELL: The large crude distillation unit at Royal Dutch Shell Plc's RDSa.L 325,700 barrel-per-day (bpd) joint-venture Deer Park, Texas, refinery may be shut for up to two weeks of repairs from a Thursday fire, sources familiar with plant operations said on Friday. RATHBONE BROTHERS: British wealth manager Rathbone Brothers RAT.L said on Saturday it was in exclusive talks with UK-based financial services provider Smith & Williamson over a possible all-share merger. OIL: Oil markets were stable on Monday, largely holding on to Friday's big gains even though rising U.S. output weighed on hopes the market will tighten after a 13 percent fall in U.S. crude inventories since March. The UK blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index closed down 0.9 percent at 7,323.98 points on Friday, as top share came under pressure from falls among consumer giants, financials and airline stocks, caught up in a broader risk-off move following the attack in Spain. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.