UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Aug 7
(Adds company items, futures)
Aug 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 6 points at 7,670 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 up 0.3 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* TP ICAP (LON: NXGN ): TP ICAP Plc TCAPI.L , the world's largest interdealer broker, said on Tuesday it chose Paris to be its European Union headquarters after Britain leaves the bloc, as it reported a more than 52 percent drop in first-half pre-tax profit. GSK: GlaxoSmithKline Plc GSK.L said on Tuesday it named Iain Mackay chief financial officer. INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS: InterContinental Hotels Group Plc's (IHG) IHG.L second-quarter room revenue growth accelerated, helped by higher demand in China, it said on Tuesday. STANDARD LIFE ABERDEEN: Insurer and asset manager Standard Life Aberdeen SLA.L posted a 12 percent drop in pre-tax profit in the first half and assets under management fell, with the firm's co-chief executives describing market conditions as challenging. PENDRAGON: British car dealership chain Pendragon PDG.L saw its underlying pre-tax profit drop 41 percent to 28.4 million pounds ($37 million) in the first half of 2018 due to a fall in its UK motoring division, the biggest part of the business. MEGGITT: Britain's Meggitt MGGT.L , which makes wheels and brakes for aeroplanes, said it was on track to meet upgraded annual revenue guidance after a strong demand for parts from customers in the civil aerospace, military and energy sectors. HARGREAVES LANSDOWN: British fund supermarket Hargreaves Lansdown HRGV.L said total assets under administration rose 16 percent to a record 91.6 billion pounds ($118.61 billion) in the year to end-June, buoyed by net inflows and market gains. HSBC: Ewen Stevenson, who is currently the chief financial officer of Royal Bank of Scotland RBS.L , will become finance director of HSBC Holdings HSBA.L on Jan. 1, 2019, HSBC said on Tuesday. BHP: Miner BHP BLT.L said on Monday it had formally requested a period of government mediation with the union at its Escondida copper mine in Chile, the world's largest, hours before the union threatened to begin a walk-off. MONDI: Mondi Plc MNDI.L acquired a controlling stake in Egypt's Suez Bags SBAG.CA for 26.01 Egyptian pounds per share ($1.46), which implies an equity value of 13.6 million euros. FEVERTREE: The founders of Fevertree Drinks Plc FEVR.L Charles Rolls and Tim Warrillow looks to sell around 2 million shares in the mixer maker, leaving them with stakes of 8 percent and 4.7 percent respectively. The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent higher at 7,663.78 points on Monday, as energy stocks tracked rising oil prices, while HSBC fell after its earnings update failed to impress. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or