Update 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 17
(Adds futures and company news items)
June 17 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 23 points higher at 7,369 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 up 0.18% ahead of the cash market open.
* BABCOCK, SERCO: British engineering services group Babcock International Group Plc BAB.L on Monday confirmed that it had rejected an offer made by rival Serco Group SRP.L back in January to combine the two companies in a deal which would have created a company worth 4 billion pounds ($5.04 billion).
KIER GROUP: Kier Group Plc said on Monday it would cut about 1,200 jobs and suspend its dividend for the next two years, as part of a review to lower debt and simplify its structure.
AIRTEL AFRICA: Airtel Africa Ltd IPO-AIRTA.L , a unit of India's Bharti Airtel Ltd BRTI.NS , on Monday set a price range of 80 to 100 pence per share for its planned initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange.
HARGREAVES LANSDOWN: Hargreaves Lansdown HRGV.L Chief Executive Officer Chris Hill is waiving a bonus of as much as 2.1 million pounds ($2.65 million) over the firm's links with Neil Woodford's suspended fund, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.
RBS: Royal Bank of Scotland (LON: RBS ) said on Sunday the completion of a merger between Alawwal bank 1040.SE and Saudi British Bank 1060.SE would lead to RBS shedding 4.7 billion pounds ($5.9 billion) of risk weighted assets and boost its core capital.
GOALS SOCCER CENTRES: British five-a-side football pitch operator Goals Soccer Centres GOAL.L is preparing to launch a sale process within months, Sky News reported on Saturday.
RYANAIR: Belgium's labour laws can apply to Ryanair RYA.I employees based in the country, a local court ruled on Friday, in a case that could set a precedent elsewhere in Europe and upholds a 2018 agreement reached between the airline and Belgian unions.
OIL: Oil prices rose on Monday after U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Washington will take all actions necessary to guarantee safe navigation in the Middle East, as tensions mounted following attacks on tankers last week.
GOLD: Gold prices steadied on Monday after retreating from a 14-month peak in the previous session, as the dollar strengthened on back of strong U.S. retail sales report, while investors await U.S. Federal Reserve meeting this week. The UK blue chip index slipped by 0.3% on Friday as Asia-focused banks took a hit from underwhelming Chinese industrial growth data, while Kier shed more than a third of its value after it was reported to be planning to sell its housebuilding unit at a discount.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or