UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 3
(Adds futures, company news items)
June 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 31 points lower at 7,131 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures .FFIc1 down 0.3% ahead of the cash market open.
* KIER: British construction company Kier Group Plc KIE.L said on Monday it expected 2019 underlying operating profit to be about 25 million pounds ($31.6 million) lower than its prior expectations. KCOM: Telecom network and cloud-based service provider KCOM Plc KCOM.L has pulled its recommendation of a bid by British pension fund-backed Humber Bidco in favour of a higher offer backed by investment firm Macquarie's European Infrastructure Fund, KCOM said on Monday. DIGNITY: Britain is to crack down on high-pressure and misleading tactics in the sale of funeral plans, City minister John Glen said on Saturday. Shares in Dignity Plc DTY.L , Britain's second-largest undertaker, which operates more than 700 funeral locations across the UK, fell sharply in November when the government first announced a formal investigation. ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L and Merck & Co's MRK.N Lynparza helped patients with advanced pancreatic cancer who carry BRCA gene mutations go nearly twice as long without their disease worsening than those who received a placebo, according to data from a late-stage clinical trial presented on Sunday. The UK blue chip index closed almost 1% lower on Friday, after U.S. President Donald Trump's threat of tariffs on Mexico and disappointing manufacturing data from China stoked global downturn fears. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or