UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 7
(Adds company news items and futures)
Sept 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures FFIc1 were up 0.22 percent ahead of the cash market open on Friday.
* ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca Plc AZN.L said on Friday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had granted a breakthrough therapy label for its drug to treat a type of severe asthma, potentially speeding up its development and review. GREENE KING: British pub operator Greene King Plc's GNK.L like-for-like sales rose 2.8 percent higher in the first quarter, boosted by exceptionally warm weather in the country and the football World Cup. PLAYTECH-PLUS500: Playtech Plc PTEC.L has sold its entire 10 percent shareholding in retail online trading platform Plus500 PLUSP.L for about 176 million pounds ($228 million), the company said on Friday, giving no details on the buyer. ENQUEST: UK-focused oil company EnQuest ENQ.L , which already owns a quarter of the Magnus oil field, is planning a rights issue for $138 million to help it buy the rest from BP BP.L , it said on Friday. BRITISH AIRWAYS: Financial data has been stolen from potentially hundreds of thousands of British Airways customers who made online bookings in recent weeks. The thefts occurred during a data breach that affected bookings made on the airline's website between Aug. 21 and Sept. 5, parent International Airlines Group ICAG.L said on Thursday. LLOYD'S OF LONDON: Lloyd's Of London is set to appoint Australia's QBE Insurance Group's QBE.AX former head John Neal to take on the role of CEO at the specialist UK insurance market, the Financial Times reported on Thursday. The UK blue chip index closed 0.9 percent down at 7391.65 points on Thursday, as investors assessed turmoil on emerging markets and waited to see whether the United States would take its trade dispute with China to a new level and impose tariffs on a further $200 billion of imports. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or