The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Pfizer Inc (NYSE: PFE ), which rose 2.16% or 0.75 points to trade at 35.45 at the close. Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) added 1.84% or 0.85 points to end at 47.06 and McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD ) was up 1.82% or 3.76 points to 210.03 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS ), which lost 0.77% or 0.99 points to trade at 128.15 in late trade. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE: UNH ) declined 0.64% or 1.39 points to end at 215.36 and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) shed 0.61% or 0.81 points to 131.19.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Lamb Weston Holdings Inc (NYSE: LW ) which rose 6.18% to 77.88, MarketAxess Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: MKTX ) which was up 5.69% to settle at 336.86 and Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NKTR ) which gained 5.02% to close at 18.20.
The worst performers were Constellation Brands Inc Class A (NYSE: STZ ) which was down 6.06% to 194.26 in late trade, Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) which lost 4.58% to settle at 166.600 and The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW ) which was down 3.86% to 35.10 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were PDS Biotechnology Corp (NASDAQ: PDSB ) which rose 31.33% to 3.9400, Meet Group Inc (NASDAQ: MEET ) which was up 26.58% to settle at 4.000 and Microbot Medical Inc (NASDAQ: MBOT ) which gained 26.20% to close at 5.7800.
The worst performers were Enlivex Therapeutics Ltd (NASDAQ: ENLV ) which was down 43.56% to 11.180 in late trade, Jaguar Health Inc (NASDAQ: JAGX ) which lost 21.21% to settle at 1.040 and TDH Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PETZ ) which was down 19.02% to 1.18 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1782 to 1072 and 97 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1535 rose and 1063 declined, while 102 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 6.78% to 19.12.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.21% or 3.15 to $1511.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.70% or 0.37 to hit $52.27 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.02% or 0.01 to trade at $57.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.05% to 1.0970, while USD/JPY fell 0.00% to 106.89.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 98.637.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.