The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which rose 2.52% or 0.96 points to trade at 39.04 at the close. DowDuPont Inc (NYSE: DWDP ) added 1.72% or 1.19 points to end at 70.42 and General Electric Company (NYSE: GE ) was up 1.61% or 0.39 points to 24.57 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO ), which lost 0.47% or 0.21 points to trade at 44.80 in late trade. Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE: XOM ) declined 0.43% or 0.35 points to end at 81.63 and Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ ) shed 0.26% or 0.13 points to 49.36.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were FLIR Systems Inc (NASDAQ: FLIR ) which rose 5.37% to 41.00, General Motors Company (NYSE: GM ) which was up 4.38% to settle at 42.15 and Range Resources Corporation (NYSE: RRC ) which gained 4.34% to close at 20.42.
The worst performers were Nordstrom Inc (NYSE: JWN ) which was down 6.30% to 44.18 in late trade, DENTSPLY International Inc (NASDAQ: XRAY ) which lost 5.82% to settle at 56.33 and Macy’s Inc (NYSE: M ) which was down 4.26% to 20.89 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Endocyte Inc (NASDAQ: ECYT ) which rose 157.45% to 3.630, Alphatec Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: ATEC ) which was up 42.48% to settle at 3.2200 and TDH Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PETZ ) which gained 35.83% to close at 22.82.
The worst performers were Aethlon Medical Inc (NASDAQ: AEMD ) which was down 37.66% to 0.960 in late trade, CyberOptics Corporation (NASDAQ: CYBE ) which lost 27.08% to settle at 11.85 and Seres Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: MCRB ) which was down 23.32% to 12.30 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1993 to 1093 and 128 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1812 rose and 722 declined, while 109 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 0.42% to 9.47.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.78% or 10.07 to $1274.73 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 2.17% or 1.12 to hit $50.55 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.30% or 0.74 to trade at $56.05 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.69% to 1.1736, while USD/JPY rose 0.20% to 112.73.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.59% at 93.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.