The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ), which rose 2.86% or 1.52 points to trade at 54.75 at the close. Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ) added 2.17% or 2.67 points to end at 125.83 and Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) was up 1.96% or 2.05 points to 106.73 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ: WBA ), which lost 1.36% or 0.70 points to trade at 50.80 in late trade. International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM ) declined 0.90% or 1.20 points to end at 131.49 and Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE: XOM ) shed 0.83% or 0.61 points to 72.98.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Pacific Gas & Electric Co (NYSE: PCG ) which rose 10.73% to 20.75, Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB ) which was up 10.02% to settle at 41.93 and Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM ) which gained 5.06% to close at 158.44.
The worst performers were Range Resources Corp (NYSE: RRC ) which was down 6.86% to 7.74 in late trade, Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK ) which lost 6.47% to settle at 1.880 and Signet Jewelers Ltd (NYSE: SIG ) which was down 5.45% to 19.42 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Rewalk Robotics Ltd (NASDAQ: RWLK ) which rose 122.89% to 7.40, Naked Brand Group Ltd (NASDAQ: NAKD ) which was up 25.81% to settle at 0.377 and Workhorse Group Inc (NASDAQ: WKHS ) which gained 24.86% to close at 2.1600.
The worst performers were InflaRx N.V. (NASDAQ: IFRX ) which was down 91.79% to 3.06 in late trade, FuelCell Energy Inc (NASDAQ: FCEL ) which lost 33.33% to settle at 0.780 and Legacy Reserves Inc (NASDAQ: LGCY ) which was down 25.25% to 0.23 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1502 to 1480 and 111 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1599 fell and 1064 advanced, while 76 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 5.52% to 16.09.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.45% or 6.00 to $1334.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 3.29% or 1.76 to hit $51.72 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.02% or 0.01 to trade at $60.51 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1224, while USD/JPY fell 0.00% to 108.44.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.30% at 97.287.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.