The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which rose 3.17% or 1.62 points to trade at 52.72 at the close. Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ) added 3.09% or 10.12 points to end at 337.48 and DowDuPont Inc (NYSE: DWDP ) was up 2.69% or 1.74 points to 66.47 in late trade.
Biggest losers included McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD ), which lost 1.05% or 1.72 points to trade at 161.62 in late trade. Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) declined 0.61% or 0.48 points to end at 77.79 and Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT ) shed 0.56% or 0.48 points to 85.43.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ: INCY ) which rose 5.34% to 69.83, Micron Technology Inc (NASDAQ: MU ) which was up 4.18% to settle at 52.59 and Host Hotels & Resorts Inc (NYSE: HST ) which gained 4.06% to close at 19.23.
The worst performers were L Brands Inc (NYSE: LB ) which was down 4.59% to 36.17 in late trade, Everest Re Group Ltd (NYSE: RE ) which lost 3.60% to settle at 250.65 and Digital Realty Trust Inc (NYSE: DLR ) which was down 3.41% to 100.99 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were MYnd Analytics Inc (NASDAQ: MYND ) which rose 32.21% to 1.97, Cyren Ltd (NASDAQ: CYRN ) which was up 27.66% to settle at 3.000 and Arcadia Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: RKDA ) which gained 23.95% to close at 31.000.
The worst performers were Newater Technology Inc (NASDAQ: NEWA ) which was down 38.39% to 16.50 in late trade, China Advanced Construction Materials (NASDAQ: CADC ) which lost 21.21% to settle at 2.600 and Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (NASDAQ: BBBY ) which was down 19.95% to 17.21 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1648 to 1410 and 117 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1627 rose and 900 declined, while 144 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 8.30% to 18.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 1.59% or 21.60 to $1338.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.43% or 0.29 to hit $67.11 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.06% or 0.04 to trade at $72.10 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.30% to 1.2330, while USD/JPY rose 0.43% to 107.25.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 89.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.