U.S. shares mixed at close of trade; Dow Jones Industrial Average up 0.00%
Investing.com – U.S. equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Industrials , Healthcare and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Oil & Gas , Financials and Technology sectors led shares lower.
At the close in NYSE, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.00%, while the S&P 500 index lost 0.26%, and the NASDAQ Composite index lost 0.38%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 2.06% or 7.09 points to trade at 351.23 at the close. Caterpillar Inc (NYSE: CAT ) added 1.31% or 2.02 points to end at 155.71 and Home Depot Inc (NYSE: HD ) was up 1.13% or 2.09 points to 187.42 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ), which lost 2.39% or 1.31 points to trade at 53.50 in late trade. JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM ) declined 1.62% or 1.83 points to end at 111.13 and Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) shed 1.24% or 1.60 points to 127.86.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Deere & Company (NYSE: DE ) which rose 5.75% to 155.25, Martin Marietta Materials Inc (NYSE: MLM ) which was up 2.72% to settle at 219.31 and IDEXX Laboratories Inc (NASDAQ: IDXX ) which gained 2.64% to close at 200.76.
The worst performers were Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB ) which was down 12.37% to 34.37 in late trade, Nordstrom Inc (NYSE: JWN ) which lost 10.90% to settle at 45.36 and Applied Materials Inc (NASDAQ: AMAT ) which was down 8.25% to 49.51 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Adomani Inc (NASDAQ: ADOM ) which rose 80.65% to 1.12, China HGS Real Estate Inc (NASDAQ: HGSH ) which was up 30.15% to settle at 1.770 and Quotient Ltd (NASDAQ: QTNT ) which gained 29.00% to close at 6.05.
The worst performers were Agile Thrpe (NASDAQ: AGRX ) which was down 72.40% to 0.69 in late trade, Livexlive Media Inc (NASDAQ: LIVX ) which lost 28.92% to settle at 4.9400 and Carver Bancorp Inc (NASDAQ: CARV ) which was down 24.36% to 8.320 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1565 to 1467 and 151 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1281 rose and 1234 declined, while 154 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was down 0.22% to 13.40.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.17% or 2.20 to $1291.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.15% or 0.11 to hit $71.38 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.84% or 0.67 to trade at $78.63 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.25% to 1.1765, while USD/JPY rose 0.01% to 110.78.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 93.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or