By Geoffrey Smith
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Thursday, 30th January. Please refresh for updates.
8:40 AM ET: Eli Lilly (NYSE: LLY ) stock rose 1.8% after the pharma reported fourth-quarter earnings well ahead of expectations, thanks largely to strong sales of its diabetes drug Trulicity.
- 8:30 AM ET: Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV ) stock fell 3.0% after The Wall Street Journal reported that it had been running services for nearly two years without fully complying with safety regulations.
- Royal Dutch Shell's (NYSE: RDSa ) ADRs fell 3.2% to their lowest in four months after the company said it would slow the pace of share buybacks by 60% to conserve cash.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.