Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN ) stock jumped 9% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (13:20 GMT) after the retailer beat its top- and bottom-line forecasts. It also raised its 2019 guidance, narrowing its earnings expectations to between $3.30 a share and $3.50 a share.
• Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) stock fell 3.5% after a demonstration of its new 'Cybertruck' showed that its supposedly bulletproof glass was easily damaged.
• Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG ) stock slumped 21% after the data-storage company posted disappointing results and lowered its full-year forecast.
• Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK ) stock rose 7.4% after a strong quarter that led it to raise its fourth-quarter and fiscal year 2020 revenue forecasts.
• Ross Stores (NASDAQ: ROST ) stock gained 1.1% after a strong third-quarter in which same-store sales came in above predictions. The retailer also increased its fiscal 2020 earnings forecast.
• Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM ) stock tumbled 5.1% after its same-store sales fell 2.1%, more than the 1% drop expected.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.