Whether recharging, waiting to pick up your loved one, or cherishing a quiet moment away from the in-laws – your Volvo car is now better equipped to keep you entertained by introducing Prime Video to Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL ) Play for download in all markets where Google apps and services are available.
Volvo Cars is among the first carmakers to offer Prime Video in its cars.
YouTube is also coming soon to Volvo cars with Google built-in.
The service will become available as a pre-installed app starting from September 18th with a gradual rollout via over-the-air update (OTA), market by market.
“Adding access to services such as Prime Video and YouTube in our cars bolsters the continuously growing list of software and applications to make lives for our drivers better,” says Erik Severinson, our global head of new car programmes. “We are delivering on our promise of building cars that grow with our customers over time.”
With safety at the core of our business, access to video streaming will only be available when the car is fully stationary.
The small print
- Prime Video will be available to download from Google Play. YouTube will come pre-installed as part of an OTA update.
- Both apps will be available in Volvo cars with Google built-in globally except China, South Korea, and Vietnam.
- Availability of the features and services mentioned above may differ between markets.
- In certain markets data necessary for streaming these services (and other digital services) may not be provided with your vehicle by Volvo Cars, in markets where it is provided, it is subject to certain terms, conditions, and limitations.
- Google, Google Play, and YouTube are trademarks of Google LLC.
The post Streaming YouTube And Prime Video In Your Volvo Now Available In South Africa appeared first on TechFinancials - Reliable Tech News.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.