By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com — Shares of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (NASDAQ: TTWO ) gained more than 6.6% Friday after Rockstar Games said that they are currently developing the next installment of the Grand Theft Auto videogame series.
"With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered — and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway," Rockstar said in a press release.
"Many of you have been asking about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. With every new project, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we've previously delivered. We're pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the series is underway," Rockstar tweeted.
Rockstar, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive, also said Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online will be on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S platforms on March 15.
Following the announcement, Jefferies analyst Andrew Uerkwitz reiterated a Buy rating and $231 price target on Take-Two, telling investors that they should gain confidence from the announcement and he sees Take-Two as a franchise pick.
In addition, Benchmark analyst Mike Hickey reiterated a Buy rating and $200 price target. Hickey said in a note that he believes GTA 6 will be released in FY24-FY25 and "should lead to explosive growth."
TTWO shares are at their highest level since they announced the planned acquisition of Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA ) on January 10th.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.