Take-Two (NASDAQ: TTWO ) Interactive Software (TTWO) experienced a 1.3% decline in U.S. premarket trading following an analyst downgrade of the video game publisher.
Bank of America analysts downgraded the rating from Buy to Neutral on the assumption of a delayed launch for the highly-anticipated Grand Theft Auto VI video game.
“Not all investors are willing to extend duration beyond 15 months,” the analysts said.
The analysts anticipate the GTA 6 will launch in the fall of 2025, contrary to consensus forecasts predicting an earlier release in the first quarter of that calendar year.
As a result, BofA sees a 20% cut to the FY25 revenue forecast before August next year.
“Based on investor inquiry patterns, participation has broadened meaningfully since the stock bottomed a year ago. We expect further broadening of participation into the launch, which dampens downside price risk, but we do not see significant further upside potential for now,” the analysts added.
The price target is set at $170, implying an 8.1% increase from the last price.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.