Teladoc (NYSE: TDOC ) shares popped 8.5% in after-hours trading after the company raised the lower end of its full-year forecast.
The company now sees full-year revenue at $2.64 billion (the midpoint of the provided range), up from the prior forecast and guidance of $2.63B. Teladoc also sees a loss per share of $1.25-1.60, better than the prior forecast for a loss per share of $1.25-1.70.
For this quarter, the company sees a loss per share of $0.45 on revenue of $662.5 million, which compares to the consensus for a loss per share of $0.33 on revenue of $664M.
As far as the second quarter is concerned, revenue rose 10% to $652.4M, topping the consensus of $649.2M. A loss per share came in at $0.40, somewhere in line with the consensus for a loss per share of $0.41.
"This performance is a direct result of introducing and expanding new products and services, investing in a robust innovation pipeline, controlling expenses, and vertically integrating care to capitalize on customer demand for unified virtual and in-person healthcare experiences," the company said in a release.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.