Tesla Inc.'s (NASDAQ: TSLA ) stock fell on Wednesday amid recalibrated expectations from analysts ahead of the company's forthcoming third-quarter delivery report, which is due on Monday, October 2, 2023. The speculation surrounding the impending report has stirred significant discussion within financial circles regarding the future trajectory of the electric vehicle (EV) industry frontrunner.
This reconsideration comes as analysts speculate that Tesla's Q3 delivery numbers may not outpace its record second-quarter deliveries of 466,140 vehicles. This potential underperformance has led to a revision in Wall Street's predictions and has caused a slump in Tesla's stock.
The EV giant's performance in the upcoming report could set the tone for the company's future prospects and overall market sentiment towards the EV industry. As such, investors and analysts are keenly awaiting Monday's announcement to gauge Tesla's ongoing performance and growth trajectory.
According to InvestingPro, Tesla's market cap stands at an impressive 762.2M USD, and its P/E ratio is 61.1, indicating a high earnings multiple. The company has also exhibited a strong revenue growth of 39.99% in the last twelve months up until Q2 2023, which is quite promising. Despite a recent slump in the stock price, the 6-month total return showcases a robust growth of 27.27%.
InvestingPro Tips reveal that Tesla yields a high return on invested capital and holds more cash than debt on its balance sheet. It has been consistently increasing its earnings per share, indicating a strong financial health. Tesla is a prominent player in the Automobiles industry with analysts anticipating sales growth in the current year. However, it's important to note that the company's stock price movements are quite volatile, which may be a factor to consider for potential investors.
For those interested in discovering more insights, there are 21 additional tips available on the InvestingPro platform. These tips provide valuable information that can help investors make informed decisions about their investments in Tesla. For more detailed analysis and tips, visit InvestingPro Tips for Tesla.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.