By Sarina Isaacs
Investing.com - Here is the week’s hottest dividend news and buybacks from this past week, first covered on InvestingPro+.
ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP ) hiked its dividend by 11% to $0.51 per share. the dividend will be payable on December 1, 2022, to stockholders of record on November 15, 2022. The company also added $20 billion to its existing share-repurchase authorization, bringing the program to a total of $45 billion. Shares climbed some 5% for the week.
Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras SA ADR (NYSE: PBR ) announced a dividend of 3.3489 Brazilian reais, or $0.94, totaling 43.7 billion reais ($8.5 billion). The dividend will be paid in two equal installments, on December 20, 2022 and on January 19, 2023, for shareholders of record on B3 on November 21, 2022 and for ADR holders on the NYSE on November 23, 2022. The ex-dividend date for holders on both exchanges will be November 22, 2022. Even so, Petrobras shares were down 2.4% for the week amid controversy over its massive payouts.
CVR Energy (NYSE: CVI ) declared a special dividend of $1 per share, and a $0.40 regular quarterly dividend. Both dividends are payable on November 21, 2022, to stockholders of record on November 14, 2022, with an ex-dividend date of November 10, 2022. Shares were up marginally for the week.
Enact Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: ACT ) declared a special dividend of $1.12 per share. The dividend will be payable on December 6, 2022, to stockholders of record on November 18, 2022, with an ex-dividend date of November 17, 2022. The annual yield on the dividend is 4.5 percent. The company also announced a 75 million share repurchase program. Shares rose 1.7% on the news, and were up fractionally for the week.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.