Cyberattacks continue to be a threat to organizations across the world, but using powerful cybersecurity solutions can help you defend your organization against these malicious attacks.
Without proper security management, your organization is an easy target for cybercriminals. Poor configuration of cloud services combined with how easy it is for cybercriminals to launch an attack poses a great threat to organizations. On top of this, cybercriminals often target entities outside of their jurisdiction, making it difficult for governing bodies to draft effective cybersecurity policies.
Unlike years ago, simply installing an antivirus solution across your systems isn’t enough to protect your network of devices. Cyberattacks can arise from any level of the organization. From IT admins to marketing teams, all employees require training and education on cybersecurity threats such as social engineering, phishing, ransomware attacks, and other types of cyberattacks.
Why is cybersecurity important?
Businesses are more reliant on technology than ever before. These technology-dependent processes in organizations are bound to increase in the coming years. Poor cloud service security and high internet penetration have led to a myriad of potential vulnerabilities in the corporate network.
Information is the most expensive asset available on the web. Organizations’ critical data may contain confidential information such as financial information, personally identifiable information, and trade secrets. This critical data may be the target of industrial espionage. Any organization that neglects data integrity risks facing major consequences.
Impact of a cyberattack
Advances in technology have left individuals and entities vulnerable to cyberattacks. If any data held by the organization is compromised, it could lead to serious implications such as reputational and economic damage.
Customer trust is key to any business’ success. Cyberattacks can cost an organization’s reputation and customer trust. Besides customers, this can also affect the relationship the organization has with its suppliers and partners.
Data protection and data privacy laws require your organization to manage the security of all data it holds. In the event of a data leak, the organization is liable to face legal consequences such as penalties and legal action in compliance with the respective region’s data protection and privacy laws.
To mitigate these attacks and comply with privacy regulations, implement a robust cybersecurity strategy. ManageEngine’s cybersecurity and IT management solutions will help your organization defend against these attacks and help you comply with data regulations like the GPDR, CCPA, POPIA, and LGPD.
By Staff Writer.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.