(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window)
July 27 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Monday as travel stocks slumped in early deals after Britain imposed a quarantine on travellers returning from Spain because of a surge of coronavirus cases.
The pan-European STOXX 600 .STOXX fell 0.5% by 0718 GMT after recording its first weekly fall in four on Friday.
Europe's biggest holiday company TUI said on Sunday it had decided to cancel all holidays to mainland Spain up to and including Sunday Aug. 9. stocks .IBEX fell 1.2%, while the Irish stocks benchmark .ISEQ dropped 1.4% after airline Ryanair RYA.I said it was impossible to say whether it might turn an annual profit due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. DAX .GDAXI was among the few gainers, helped by a 2.9% gain for software group SAP SE SAPG.DE after it announced plans to spin off and float Qualtrics, the U.S. specialist in measuring online customer sentiment.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.