(Bloomberg) -- Being associated with former U.S. President Donald Trump is proving a successful way to be minted as a meme stock.
Shares in Creatd Inc (NASDAQ: CRTD ). more than doubled in U.S. premarket trading after the company announced a new non-fungible token art drop through its OG Gallery unit consisting of three photographs of Trump. The NFT includes “three candid images of a young Donald Trump, captured as he signs the breast of a model,” Creatd said.
Around 5.3 million shares had been traded by 5:34 a.m. in New York, compared to a 12-month daily average of around 1.8 million. The stock, which gained as much as 129% premarket, is being discussed on Reddit and StockTwits.
This followed news on Friday that Creatd’s WHE Agency has signed TikTok creator Alexis LaRue. The shares closed 41% higher that day.
The Creatd NFT drop comes after a retail-trading frenzy around Digital World Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: DWAC ), a blank-check company that is set to merge with Trump Media & Technology Group. Digital World shares jumped more than 800% in the two sessions following the announcement.
©2021 Bloomberg L.P.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.