TWT, Terra, and Solana headline 2022's top cryptocurrency gainers and losers lists
By Günay Caymaz
Investing.com - As the year 2022 comes to a close, a steady theme has been cryptocurrency markets falling under selling pressure.
With bear market conditions prevailing, we rank the biggest gainers and losers among the top 100 cryptocurrency assets, as ranked by capitalization. Performance numbers are as of December 27th.
Cryptocurrency winners: Only two cryptocurrencies in the top 100 increased their value in 2022
In the current top 100 cryptocurrency list, there are two cryptocurrencies that came out ahead in 2022.
Trust Wallet Token (TWT)
TWT , the native asset of Trust, the external wallet acquired by Binance, emerged as an altcoin that resisted the bear market this year. TWT has increased its value by 90% since the beginning of the year.
Trading at $1.347 on December 27th, TWT started the year at $0.7084. TWT, which currently has a market capitalization of $561.75 million, is ranked 62nd. Its rise is no doubt a sign of the increasingly central role Binance and its CEO and co-founder CZ (Changpeng Zhao) are playing in the crypto ecosystem.
GMX has increased its value by 108% since the beginning of the year. Trading at $44.8 on Tuesday, GMX is currently ranked 75th with a market capitalization of $375.59 million. GMX is used as the local asset of a decentralized exchange that supports spot and futures trading with low trading fees. The altcoin was listed on several centralized exchanges in October, increasing its trading volume and ranking among the top 100 largest cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies with the biggest losses in 2022
The 10 cryptocurrencies that lost the most this year were listed as follows:
- Terra Classic (LUNC): -100%
- Helium (HNT): -95%
- Solana (SOL): -93%
- Convex Finance (CVX): -92.8%
- Axie Infinity (AXS): -92.5%
- Sandbox (SAND): -92.4%
- Fantom (FTM): -92%
- Filecoin (FIL): -91%
- Flow (FLOW): -91%
- Curve DAO Token (CRV): -91%
How are the top 10 cryptocurrencies doing?
Entering the last week of 2022, the cryptocurrency in the current top 10 by capitalization that lost the most value this year was Cardano (ADA), which lost 80%.
BNB was the crypto asset that fell the least, down 53% over the course of the year. While Ethereum has lost 67% of its value since the beginning of the year, Bitcoin has fallen by 63.5%. Among other cryptocurrencies in the top 10, XRP lost 55%, DOGE lost 55% and MATIC lost 68%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or