At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 rose 0.04%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were GMK Norilskiy Nikel PAO DRC (LON: NKELyq ), which rose 1,000.00% or 25.21 points to trade at 27.10 at the close. Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN ) added 3.44% or 15.45 points to end at 464.80 and Fresnillo PLC (LON: FRES ) was up 3.35% or 25.00 points to 772.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NK Rosneft PAO DRC (LON: ROSNq ), which lost 16.92% or 0.10 points to trade at 0.50 in late trade. Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO ) declined 8.30% or 86.00 points to end at 950.00 and HSBC Holdings PLC (LON: HSBA ) shed 5.53% or 27.75 points to 473.85.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1146 to 754 and 430 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.48% or 9.15 to $1,905.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 4.05% or 3.99 to hit $102.53 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 3.30% or 3.37 to trade at $105.53 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 1.06% to 1.26, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.57% to 0.85.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.45% at 102.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.