At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 rose 0.33%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Associated British Foods PLC (LON: ABF ), which rose 3.27% or 75.0 points to trade at 2367.0 at the close. BT Group PLC (LON: BT ) added 2.87% or 5.50 points to end at 197.35 and Royal Dutch Shell PLC B (LON: RDSb ) was up 2.34% or 32.6 points to 1426.2 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Antofagasta PLC (LON: ANTO ), which lost 4.14% or 63.50 points to trade at 1468.50 in late trade. Intermediate Capital Group PLC (LON: ICP ) declined 3.72% or 87.00 points to end at 2253.00 and Anglo American PLC (LON: AAL ) shed 3.65% or 113.5 points to 2999.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1251 to 916 and 257 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.44% or 8.20 to $1857.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.27% or 0.90 to hit $71.78 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.15% or 0.84 to trade at $73.70 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 0.26% to 1.4075, while EUR/GBP rose 0.29% to 0.8611.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 90.540.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.