At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 added 0.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were International Consolidated Airlines Group S.A. (LON: ICAG ), which rose 5.67% or 11.25 points to trade at 209.55 at the close. London Stock Exchange Group PLC (LON: LSEG ) added 4.24% or 294.0 points to end at 7234.0 and Melrose Industries PLC (LON: MRON ) was up 3.98% or 6.65 points to 173.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NK Rosneft PAO DRC (LON: ROSNq ), which lost 3.04% or 0.23 points to trade at 7.33 in late trade. Phoenix Group Holdings PLC (LON: PHNX ) declined 2.92% or 21.40 points to end at 712.80 and British American Tobacco PLC (LON: BATS ) shed 2.11% or 58.5 points to 2715.5.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1235 to 876 and 271 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.67% or 11.55 to $1727.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.56% or 0.92 to hit $60.08 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.20% or 0.75 to trade at $63.49 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.40% to 1.3834, while EUR/GBP rose 0.02% to 0.8508.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.30% at 92.953.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.