At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 rose 0.37% to hit a new 52-week high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO ), which rose 3.78% or 65.50 points to trade at 1797.50 at the close. International Consolidated Airlines Group S.A. (LON: ICAG ) added 3.25% or 5.76 points to end at 182.92 and InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (LON: IHG ) was up 2.58% or 128.0 points to 5098.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Severn Trent PLC (LON: SVT ), which lost 2.65% or 71.0 points to trade at 2604.0 in late trade. Informa PLC (LON: INF ) declined 2.31% or 13.00 points to end at 549.40 and DS Smith PLC (LON: SMDS ) shed 2.27% or 8.80 points to 378.70.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0 on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.65% or 29.70 to $1768.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $81.73 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.00% or 0.84 to trade at $84.84 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.56% to 1.3750, while EUR/GBP fell 0.47% to 0.8438.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.00% at 93.960.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.