At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 gained 1.66%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Samsung Electronics Co Ltd DRC (LON: 0593xq ), which rose 6.14% or 92.00 points to trade at 1590.00 at the close. BT Group PLC (LON: BT ) added 4.86% or 7.70 points to end at 166.30 and Sberbank Of Russia (LON: SBNCyq ) was up 4.70% or 0.80 points to 17.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO ), which lost 3.12% or 56.00 points to trade at 1739.50 in late trade. Croda International PLC (LON: CRDA ) declined 2.96% or 299.0 points to end at 9816.0 and Hargreaves Lansdown PLC (LON: HRGV ) shed 0.71% or 9.50 points to 1327.50.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1472 to 537 and 440 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.60% or 10.65 to $1787.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 2.04% or 1.35 to hit $67.53 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.14% or 1.48 to trade at $70.71 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.12% to 1.3312, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8504.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 95.965.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.