U.K. shares lower at close of trade; Investing.com United Kingdom 100 down 0.05%
Investing.com – U.K. equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Fixed Line Telecommunications , Food Producers and Travel & Leisure sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 declined 0.05%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Abrdn PLC (LON: ABDN ), which rose 3.21% or 8.20 points to trade at 263.90 at the close. Fresnillo PLC (LON: FRES ) added 2.75% or 24.80 points to end at 925.80 and Antofagasta PLC (LON: ANTO ) was up 2.34% or 32.00 points to 1399.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ITV PLC (LON: ITV ), which lost 2.86% or 3.20 points to trade at 108.80 in late trade. Carnival PLC (LON: CCL ) declined 2.68% or 45.4 points to end at 1650.6 and Informa PLC (LON: INF ) shed 2.63% or 14.40 points to 534.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1019 to 980 and 472 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.48% or 8.75 to $1825.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.94% or 0.76 to hit $82.03 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.05% or 0.87 to trade at $83.61 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.50% to 1.3562, while EUR/GBP fell 0.23% to 0.8547.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 94.023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or