U.K. shares lower at close of trade; Investing.com United Kingdom 100 down 0.12%
Investing.com – U.K. equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Travel & Leisure , Healthcare Equipment & Services and Software & Computer Services sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 declined 0.12%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Berkeley Group Holdings PLC (LON: BKGH ), which rose 3.10% or 147.0 points to trade at 4897.0 at the close. Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LON: LLOY ) added 2.78% or 1.29 points to end at 47.85 and Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC (LON: RR ) was up 2.75% or 2.94 points to 109.68 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust PLC (LON: SMT ), which lost 6.21% or 75.50 points to trade at 1139.50 in late trade. Bank VTB PAO DRC (LON: VTBRq ) declined 4.47% or 0.062 points to end at 1.324 and Flutter Entertainment PLC (LON: FLTRF ) shed 4.00% or 585.0 points to 14040.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1186 to 1107 and 195 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.53% or 9.65 to $1840.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $64.88 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.07% or 0.05 to trade at $68.33 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 1.23% to 1.4144, while EUR/GBP fell 1.10% to 0.8602.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 90.058.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or