At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 fell 0.49% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were B&M European Value Retail SA (LON: BMEB ), which rose 2.28% or 13.20 points to trade at 592.00 at the close. SSE PLC (LON: SSE ) added 1.69% or 27.50 points to end at 1659.00 and Next PLC (LON: NXT ) was up 1.68% or 132.0 points to 7984.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included International Consolidated Airlines Group S.A. (LON: ICAG ), which lost 4.18% or 6.20 points to trade at 142.10 in late trade. Johnson Matthey PLC (LON: JMAT ) declined 3.26% or 93.0 points to end at 2763.0 and Anglo American PLC (LON: AAL ) shed 3.12% or 96.5 points to 2996.5.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1174 to 834 and 432 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.67% or 11.95 to $1806.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.30% or 0.21 to hit $70.66 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.37% or 0.27 to trade at $73.78 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.15% to 1.3857, while EUR/GBP rose 0.01% to 0.8535.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 92.477.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.