At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 declined 0.84%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Bank VTB PAO DRC (LON: VTBRq ), which rose 9.22% or 0.092 points to trade at 1.090 at the close. Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust PLC (LON: SMT ) added 3.84% or 42.00 points to end at 1137.00 and Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (LON: HIK ) was up 3.46% or 76.00 points to 2276.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ITV PLC (LON: ITV ), which lost 4.45% or 5.60 points to trade at 120.15 in late trade. British Land Company PLC (LON: BLND ) declined 3.29% or 17.20 points to end at 504.80 and Mondi PLC (LON: MNDI ) shed 3.29% or 63.00 points to 1850.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1227 to 993 and 228 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.43% or 24.10 to $1710.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.51% or 0.31 to hit $60.86 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.25% or 0.16 to trade at $64.33 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.49% to 1.3806, while EUR/GBP fell 0.16% to 0.8510.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.27% at 93.073.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.