At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 fell 1.27%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were GMK Norilskiy Nikel PAO DRC (LON: NKELyq ), which rose 1.95% or 0.69 points to trade at 36.15 at the close. Auto Trader Group Plc (LON: AUTOA ) added 1.65% or 9.80 points to end at 603.00 and Ashtead Group PLC (LON: AHT ) was up 1.24% or 48.0 points to 3920.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC (LON: RR ), which lost 7.43% or 7.60 points to trade at 94.70 in late trade. Imperial Brands PLC (LON: IMB ) declined 5.06% or 76.09 points to end at 1428.91 and Smith & Nephew PLC (LON: SN ) shed 5.33% or 83.50 points to 1484.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1662 to 675 and 69 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.23% or 4.15 to $1776.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $61.13 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.08% or 0.05 to trade at $64.39 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.70% to 1.3949, while EUR/GBP fell 0.39% to 0.8656.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 90.698.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.