At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 declined 1.41%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Rentokil Initial PLC (LON: RTO ), which rose 1.99% or 10.40 points to trade at 534.40 at the close. Avast PLC (LON: AVST ) added 1.61% or 8.80 points to end at 556.80 and Intertek Group PLC (LON: ITRK ) was up 1.34% or 68.00 points to 5,130.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included B&M European Value Retail SA (LON: BMEB ), which lost 6.07% or 33.40 points to trade at 516.60 in late trade. Anglo American PLC (LON: AAL ) declined 5.94% or 218.50 points to end at 3,460.50 and Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC (LON: RR ) shed 5.21% or 5.03 points to 91.57.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1384 to 509 and 432 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.65% or 12.60 to $1,935.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.70% or 1.76 to hit $102.03 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 1.66% or 1.80 to trade at $106.53 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 1.49% to 1.28, while EUR/GBP rose 1.03% to 0.84.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.65% at 101.27.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.