At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 fell 2.48%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were GMK Norilskiy Nikel PAO DRC (LON: NKELyq ), which rose 0.22% or 0.08 points to trade at 36.71 at the close. London Stock Exchange Group PLC (LON: LSEG ) added 0.06% or 4.0 points to end at 7080.0 and RSA Insurance Group PLC (LON: RSA ) was down 0.03% or 0.20 points to 683.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included International Consolidated Airlines Group S.A. (LON: ICAG ), which lost 7.40% or 15.53 points to trade at 194.32 in late trade. Melrose Industries PLC (LON: MRON ) declined 6.31% or 10.50 points to end at 156.00 and Flutter Entertainment PLC (LON: FLTRF ) shed 4.88% or 685.0 points to 13355.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1886 to 436 and 153 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.12% or 2.25 to $1835.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.09% or 0.06 to hit $64.98 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $68.34 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.23% to 1.4152, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8598.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 90.052.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.