UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 15
April 15 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 8 points lower at 5,783 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* MORRISONS: Morrisons MRW.L , Britain's fourth biggest supermarket group, said it is giving National Health Service workers a 10% discount to support them through the coronavirus crisis. BARCLAYS: Barclays BARC.L is delaying the release of portions of Chief Executive Jes Staley and Chief Financial Officer Tushar Morzaria's bonuses in light of the new coronavirus pandemic, it said on Tuesday. SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell Plc RDSa.L restarted the heavy oil hydrocracker late on Monday at its 211,270 barrel-per-day Convent, Louisiana, refinery, sources familiar with plant operations said on Tuesday. GOLD: Gold prices fell as investors locked in profits after the metal rallied to a more than seven-year high in the previous session, but fears of a global recession due to the coronavirus pandemic limited losses. OIL: Oil prices rose as investors looked for bargains after the previous session's slump and on hopes that consuming countries will look to fill their strategic reserves, although oversupply fears and warnings of a deep recession capped gains.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE ended 0.9% lower on Tuesday, as declines in oil majors and British American Tobacco (JO: SNHJ ) added to gloom following signs that Britain will remain under lockdown for a longer period. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
CARRC.L Half Year 2020 Earnings 888 Holdings
Full Year 2020 Earnings Chesnara
Full Year 2019 Earnings Bunzl
Q1 Trading Statement Amryt Pharma
Full Year 2019 Earnings
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or