UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 20
April 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 15 points lower at 7,005 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 down 0.1%.
* RIO TINTO: The global miner RIO.AX reported lower quarterly iron ore output on Tuesday, as wet weather and labour shortages impacted its mine and port operations in Western Australia. SUPER LEAGUE: Broadcasters who have spent billions of dollars to screen Champions League soccer have condemned the plan by top European clubs to form a breakaway Super League as a threat to the future of the game that will not succeed. ELEMENTIS: The British chemical company ELM.L got a fresh takeover bid from U.S.-based Innospec Inc IOSP.O that values it at over 1 billion pounds, Sky News reported late on Monday. BT: Italy's competition watchdog said on Monday it had started a probe over Telecom Italia 's TLIT.MI proposed acquisition of two of British telecoms group BT's BT.L business units in the country. BANKS: Britain's top banks may face action to make it easier for small businesses to open a bank account, lawmakers said on Tuesday, after companies complained about lenders as they struggle during the COVID-19 pandemic. INSURANCE: The cost of a comprehensive car insurance policy in Britain slumped 14% in the first quarter of 2021, the lowest level since 2015, as different phases of lockdowns kept motorists off the streets, a survey showed. KANTAR: British market research firm said it has clinched a deal to buy U.S. rival Numerator from Vista Equity Partners as it seeks to boost its presence overseas and better compete with the likes of Nielsen NLSN.N in gathering data on consumer behaviour. OIL: Oil prices rose as a weaker U.S. dollar supported commodities and on expectations that crude inventories fell in the United States, the world's biggest oil user, though rising coronavirus cases in Asia capped gains. O/R
* London's FTSE 100 ended lower on Monday, dragged down by a stronger pound and as weaker oil prices weighed on energy firms. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Associated British Foods (LON: ABF )
Half Year results PDL.L
Half Year results JUP.L
Jupiter Fund Management
Q1 2021 Trading Update MONY.L Moneysupermarket.Com Group Q1 2021 Trading Update PFC.L
Petrofac (LON: PFC )
FY results AVST.L Avast
Trading Update CILG.L City of London Investment
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or