UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 8
April 8 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 28 points lower at 5,676, on Wednesday according to financial bookmakers.
* ASOS: British online fashion retailer ASOS Plc ASOS.L said on Tuesday it was raising equity and extending debt facilities to shore up its finances in case of a prolonged business downturn from the coronavirus pandemic. BARCLAYS: Britain's Barclays BARC.L and Spain's Banco Sabadell SABE.MC on Tuesday said senior executives would give up some of their pay, joining a list of European banks where bosses have made such a gesture as part of efforts to combat the new coronavirus. FASTJET: South African budget airline Fastjet Plc FJET.L said on Tuesday it has enough resources to cover its operational needs until June-end, as it announced job cuts and a reduction in salaries in an effort to survive the COVID-19 pandemic. BHP: BHP Group BHPB.L , BHP.AX said that a "small number" of its total workforce had been confirmed with COVID-19, but it had not impacted operations at any of its operations. BP: Golar LNG Ltd GLNG.O said on Tuesday that it received a force majeure notice from a BP Plc BP.L unit seeking to delay taking delivery of a floating liquefied natural gas facility by a year. GOLD: Gold prices held steady as a stronger dollar countered risk-off sentiment stemming from fading optimism over signs of a slowing spread of the new coronavirus amid rising deaths. OIL: Oil bounced back on Wednesday, with U.S. crude jumping over $1, lifted by hopes that a meeting between OPEC members and allied producers on Thursday will trigger output cuts to shore up prices that have crumbled amid the coronavirus pandemic. The UK blue-chip index .FTSE settled 2.2% higher on Tuesday as signs of coronavirus infections easing in the worst-hit regions of Europe boosted energy, banking and battered travel stocks. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Full Year 2019 Earnings Impact Healthcare REIT IHR.L
Full Year 2019 Earnings Tesco
Full Year 2020 Earnings Robert Walters
Half Year 2020 Earnings A.G.Barr
Full Year 2019 Earnings APi Group
Full Year 2019 Earnings MHP SE
MHPCq.L Full Year 2019 Earnings
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or