Aug 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 47 points lower at 6,233 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTRAZENECA: Argentina and Mexico will produce the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for most of Latin America, Argentine President Alberto Fernandez said on Wednesday. AIRLINES: Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV ) Co LUV.N , Ryanair Holdings Plc RYA.I and easyJet Plc EZJ.L are the only three airlines whose bonds are still rated investment grade, S&P Global Ratings said. OIL: Crude oil prices eased slightly but held most of their gains from the previous session after U.S. government data showed a fall in inventories. GOLD: Gold climbed 1% on a softer dollar, consolidating further above the key $1,900 level, with an ultra-low interest rate environment and worries over global economic fallout from mounting COVID-19 cases. EX-DIVS: Ashtead Group AHT.L , Aviva AV.L , Astrazeneca AZN.L , BP BP.L , Diageo DGE.L , Glaxosmithkline GSK.L , Legal&General LGEN.L , Phoenix Group PHNX.L , Pearson PSON.L , Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L RDSb.L , Segro SGRO.L and Smurfit Kappa SKG.L will trade without entitlement to its latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 22.4 points off the FTSE 100, according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue-chip index .FTSE jumped 2% on Wednesday as investors focused on signs of a recovery in economic output in June, shrugging off a record 20.4% plunge in the second quarter, the largest contraction reported by any major economy. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
National Express Group NEX.L
HY Earnings Releases Renishaw
FY Earnings Releases Coats Group
HY Earnings Releases Just Group
JUSTJ.L HY Earnings Releases GVC Holdings
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.