Aug 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 88 points lower at 6,024 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* IHG: French hotels group Accor ACCP.PA has examined a merger with British peer InterContinental Hotels Group Plc IHG.L , Le Figaro newspaper reported on its website. CENTRICA: Members of the GMB union have voted for industrial action against Centrica Plc's CNA.L British Gas after the utility issued "fire and rehire" threats to its workforce, the union said on Wednesday. GOLD: Gold on Thursday bounced back from the previous session's hefty losses after the U.S. Federal Reserve raised concerns that a recovery from the coronavirus-induced economic slump faced a highly uncertain path, weighing on risk sentiment. OIL: Oil prices fell as major producers warned of a risk to demand recovery if the coronavirus crisis is prolonged, while U.S. crude inventories dropped less than expected. METALS: London copper dipped, retreating from an over two-year high hit in the previous session, as a stronger U.S. dollar made metals less attractive to holders of other currencies. EX-DIVS: Anglo American AAL.L , Berkeley Group BKGH.L , Croda International CRDA.L , Evraz EVRE.L , Hikma HIK.L , Imperial Brands IMB.L , London Stock Exchange LSE.L , Mondi MNDI.L , M&G Plc MNG.L , Prudential PRU.L , Reckitt Benckiser RB.L , Schroders SDR.L and Standard Life Aberdeen SLA.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 7.7 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue-chip index .FTSE ended 0.6% higher on Wednesday as the exporter-heavy index benefited from a slightly weaker pound, while a drop in Hochschild Mining's share put pressure on the mid-cap FTSE 250 . UK CORPORATE DIARY:
John Laing Group
Half Year 2020 Earnings Premier Oil
Half Year 2020 Earnings Antofagasta
ANTO.L Half Year 2020 Earnings Frasers Group
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.