UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 17
Dec 17 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is expected to open 1 point lower at 7,518 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BANKS: The Bank of England said on Monday it planned to adjust the rules on how much capital British banks must hold, to allow them to keep lending in an economic crisis and also said the unrest in Hong Kong led to as much as $5 billion of capital outflow from investment funds in the Asian financial hub since April. BOEING SUPPLIERS/AIRLINES: Boeing (NYSE: BA ) Co BA.N said on Monday it would suspend production of its best-selling 737 MAX jetliner in January, its biggest assembly-line halt in more than 20 years, as fallout from two fatal crashes of the now-grounded aircraft drags into 2020. GSK: GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L said on Monday it had applied for U.S. approval for its experimental multiple myeloma drug that showed meaningful response in nearly a third of patients, setting up a battle against Johnson & Johnson JNJ.N and Genmab's Darzalex. IAG (LON: ICAG ): British Airways pilots have voted to accept an agreement to end a dispute over pay which resulted in the first walkout by pilots in the airline's history, the British Airline Pilots' Association (BALPA) said on Monday. GOLD: Gold prices were rangebound on Tuesday, as lack of concrete details about the interim U.S.-China trade deal kept investors from making firm bets. OIL: Oil prices trickled a fraction lower on Tuesday but remained near a three-month high as investors kept the faith with hopes that a fully fledged U.S.-China trade deal is in the pipeline, set to stoke oil demand in the world's biggest economies. The UK blue chip index soared 2.3% on Monday, its biggest one-day percentage gain in nearly a year, as a preliminary U.S.-China trade deal and hopes of an orderly Brexit after UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's election victory saw investors flock to perceived riskier assets, such as equities. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Full Year Earnings Release Bunzl Plc
Trading Statement Release Petrofac
Trading Statement Release Hunting
Trading Statement Release
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or