UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 27
Feb 27 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 168 points lower at 6,875 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* NMC HEALTH: NMC Health NMC.L has removed Chief Executive Prasanth Manghat with immediate effect and granted its finance chief extended sick leave, as more details emerge from an investigation into the UAE healthcare firm's finances. LLOYDS BANKING GROUP/VIRGIN MONEY: Lloyds Banking Group LLOY.L and Virgin Money (LON: VM ) VMUK.L pressed ahead with hundreds of job cuts in the face of union opposition, as British banks try to keep up with customers moving online. ASHMORE GROUP: Emerging markets investment manager Ashmore Group ASHM.L has defended the strategy of its short duration debt fund which has been clobbered by its exposure to two nations in crisis, Lebanon and Argentina. G4S (CSE: G4S ): G4S GFS.L said on Wednesday it would sell majority of its cash handling businesses to U.S. peer Brinks BCO.N for 727 million pounds ($944.66 million) including debt, as the British security contractor looks to focus on its core operations. EX-DIVS: Astrazeneca AZN.L , Barclays BARC.L , Diageo DGE.L , Easyjet EZJ.L , HSBC HSBA.L will trade without entitlement to its latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 27.8 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. .L/XD
* London's mid-cap index slid to its lowest in more than three months on Wednesday amid worries that Britain's upcoming budget may disappoint investors, while the FTSE 100 snapped a four-day losing run after a rally on Wall Street. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HY Results Verona Pharma
FY Results EVRAZ
FY Results Haydale Graphene Industries HAYD.L
HY Results Bakkavor Group
FY Results Amigo Holdings
FY Results Aston Martin
FY Results RSA Insurance
FY Results Rentokil Initial
FY Results National Express
FY Results Inchcape
FY Results Howden Joinery
FY Results St. James's Place
FY Results Hikma Pharmaceuticals
FY Results Drax Group (LON: DRX )
FY Results Mondi (LON: MNDI ) PLC
FY Results Greencoat UK Wind
FY Results Vesuvius
FY Results British American Tobacco (JO: SNHJ )
FY Results Reckitt Benckiser Group
FY Results WPP (LON: WPP )
FY Results Genus
HY Results Provident Financial
FY Results Persimmon (LON: PSN )
FY Results Hunting
FY Results James Fisher and Sons
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or