Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening 28 points lower at 6,131 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BHP: BHP Group BHP.AX , BHPB.L has completed its first blockchain trade in iron ore with China Baoshan Iron & Steel Co Ltd 600019.SS . RIO: Rio Tinto RIO.AX RIO.L said Mongolia would build a coal-fired plant that would supply power to its giant Oyu Tolgoi copper mine in the country, with construction set to start by this time next year. ENERGY: Britain's energy market regulator Ofgem is consulting on plans to strengthen support measures being offered during the coronavirus pandemic. BRITISH AIRWAYS: British Airways, which has said it needs to cut 12,000 jobs and proposed pay cuts for cabin crew, has reached a deal with its pilots that will see 350 laid off. ASTRAZENECA: Brazil announced on Saturday that it had signed a $127 million agreement to start producing locally an experimental vaccine developed by AstraZeneca AZN.L . PETRA DIAMONDS: Petra Diamonds PDL.L has put itself or parts of its business up for sale, the Africa-focussed miner said. UNILEVER: Unilever PLC ULVR.L said it will stop advertising on Facebook FB.O , Instagram and Twitter in the United States for the rest of the year. BERKELEY: British homebuilder Berkeley Group BKGH.L said its chairman and co-founder, Tony Pidgley, died suddenly on Friday. OIL: Oil prices slid for a second straight session as coronavirus cases rose in the United States and other places. The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed up 0.2% on Friday, as investors weighed optimism about a revival in business activity against a surge in global coronavirus infections. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HY Sales/Trading Stmt
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.