UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 12
March 12 - Britain's FTSE 100 index .FTSE is seen opening down 347 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* LONDON STABBING: British police said four boys sustained injuries in a stabbing incident in Walthamstow, northeast London late on Wednesday. TRAVEL CURB: U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday ordered travel from Europe to the United States restricted for 30 days, responding to mounting pressure to take action against a rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak disrupting nearly all corners of U.S. daily life. RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto Ltd RIO.AX , RIO.L will pay out part of a delayed bonus to former Chief Executive Sam Walsh after a dispute resolution process found that the payments should not be held up, both parties said on Thursday. EUROPEAN BANKS: Europe's banks have called on European Union authorities to ease capital rules and other regulatory barriers to helping businesses struggling because of the coronavirus epidemic. OIL: Oil prices sank again on Thursday along with the broader market after the United States banned travel from Europe following a World Health Organization declaration that the coronavirus outbreak is now a pandemic. GOLD: Gold inched up on Thursday on worries about the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak as the United States suspended travel from virus-hit Europe, although gains were capped as traders covered margin calls after a plunge in equities. EX-DIVS: Anglo American AAL.L , CRH CRH.L and Land Securities LAND.L will trade without entitlement to its latest dividend payout on Thursday, trimming 3.8 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed down 1.6% on Wednesday as investors doubted whether a Bank of England rate cut and a 30 billion-pound ($39 billion) economic stimulus plan would be enough to counter the shock from the coronavirus outbreak. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Full Year 2019 Helios Towers PLC PLC
Earnings Release Bodycote PLC
Full Year 2019 Bodycote PLC Earnings
Release Go-Ahead Group
Half Year 2020 Go-Ahead Group PLC PLC
Earnings Release Savills PLC
Full Year 2019 Savills PLC Earnings
Half Year 2020 Brooks Macdonald Group Macdonald Group
PLC Earnings Release PLC
Q4 2019 Knot Offshore Partners LP Partners LP
Earnings Release Computacenter
Full Year 2019 Computacenter PLC PLC
Earnings Release Marshalls PLC
Full Year 2019 Marshalls PLC Earnings
Release Tullow Oil PLC
Full Year 2019 Tullow Oil PLC Earnings
Release Intu Properties INTUP.L
Full Year 2019 Intu Properties PLC PLC
Earnings Release Just Group PLC
Full Year 2019 Just Group PLC Earnings
Release Galliford Try
Half Year 2020 Galliford Try PLC Holdings PLC
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or