UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 12
Nov 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat at 7,328 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* UNILEVER: Patties made by Unilever Plc ULVR.L are being used by Burger King as the restaurant chain rolled out a meat-free version of its Whopper burger in 25 European countries to strengthen its foothold in the exploding market for plant-based food. CIGARETTE MAKERS: U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he will be meeting with vaping industry representatives as his administration considers tightening e-cigarette regulations amid a nationwide outbreak of vaping-related injuries and deaths. ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L said on Monday its experimental treatment significantly reduced disease activity in a late-stage study of patients with autoimmune disorder lupus. The results pit anifrolumab against GlaxoSmithKline's GSK.L Benlysta - the only new drug approved for lupus in the last 60 years. GOLD: Gold prices were flat on Tuesday, as investors looked for clues from U.S. President Donald Trump on the status of trade talks with China, while the political unrest in Hong Kong provided some support to the safe-haven metal. OIL: U.S. oil prices fell for a second day on Tuesday, weighed down by uncertainty over whether U.S.-China trade talks are making much progress, while higher Saudi Arabian crude output reinforced concerns about oversupply. The UK blue chip index slid 0.4% on Monday as a mix of rising tensions in Hong Kong, dampened U.S.-China trade sentiment and a firmer pound hit the exporter-heavy FTSE 100. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year Earnings Release Land Securities Group
Half Year Earnings Release Meggitt Plc
Q3 Trading Statement Release AVEVA Group
Half Year Earnings Release Assura Plc
Half Year Earnings Release Vodafone Group
Half Year Earnings Release Aggreko Plc
Q3 Trading Statement Release Electrocomponents Plc
Half Year Earnings Release ITV Plc
Q3 Trading Statement Release Experian Plc
Half Year Earnings Release DCC
Half Year Earnings Release Premier Foods
Half Year Earnings Release Arrow Global Group
Trading Statement Release
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or