Nov 24 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 37 points higher at 6,371 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
ASTRAZENECA: AstraZeneca AZN.L said on Monday its COVID-19 vaccine was 70% effective in pivotal trials and could be up to 90% effective, giving the world's fight against the global pandemic a third new weapon that can be cheaper to make, easier to distribute and faster to scale-up than rivals.
GREENCORE: Food group Greencore GNC.L said on Monday it plans to raise cash by issuing new shares after reporting an 81% plunge in annual profit due to the COVID-19 crisis.
JD SPORTS: JD Sports JD.L is in exclusive talks with British department store chain Debenhams over a potential rescue takeover, the Times reported on Monday.
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell PLC RDSa.L may begin the permanent shutdown of its 211,146 barrel-per-day Convent, Louisiana, refinery early next week, people familiar with plant operations said on Monday.
VODAFONE: Vodafone VOD.L said on Monday that operations on its German mobile network were returning to normal after the failure of control equipment caused a widespread outage lasting more than three hours.
GOLD: Gold slipped as progress on a COVID-19 vaccine and a federal agency's approval of U.S. President-elect Joe Biden's transition to the White House bolstered risk appetite, denting the bullion's safe-haven appeal. OIL: Brent crude prices hit their highest levels since March as news of a third promising vaccine candidate spurred hopes of a quick recovery in oil demand.
The UK blue-chip index .FTSE closed 0.3% lower on Monday. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Pennon Group Plc
HY earnings Cranswick Plc
HY earnings Compass Group Plc
FY earnings Pets at Home Group Plc
HY trading statement UDG Healthcare Plc
FY earnings AO World Plc
HY earnings Intertek Group Plc
Trading statement Caledonia Investments Plc
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.