Unilever PLC (LON: ULVR ), the global consumer goods giant behind popular brands such as Knorr and Dove, has announced a dividend of $0.45 per share, scheduled for payment on December 8, 2023. Shareholders who own the stock before the ex-dividend date on Thursday will be eligible for the dividend payout.
The company's commitment to shareholder returns is evident in its consistent quarterly dividends since 1984. The current 12-month trailing dividend yield stands at 3.74%, with a slightly higher forward yield of 3.80%, signaling an anticipated increase in dividends over the next year.
Unilever's dividend growth has shown stability over time, with an annual increase rate of 2.70% over the past three years. This growth extends to a five-year rate of 3.60% and a significant ten-year rate of 7.60%. Investors who have held Unilever stock for five years are seeing a yield on cost of approximately 4.46%.
The company's dividend payout ratio as of June 30, 2023, was reported at 0.52, which indicates a balance between returning profits to shareholders and retaining earnings for future expansion and potential downturns.
Unilever boasts strong profitability as its earnings have grown by approximately 1.10% per year on average over the past three years, outperforming around 42.3% of global competitors in its sector. With its strategic acquisitions such as Paula's Choice and The Vegetarian Butcher, alongside its established brands, Unilever continues to show promise as a reliable dividend payer amid a competitive global market.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.